"I Have A Dream"® Project 312 depends upon a group of committed individuals
(sponsors, parents, students, staff and volunteers) working to effect change on multiple levels.
- The Sponsor - An individual or group of individuals who commit nine years to a group of 30 young people. The Sponsors is the "chief executive" of the Project, with overall responsibility for its funding and operation. Equally important, the sponsor maintains personal relationships with the Dreamers throughout the life of the Project.
- The Project Coordinator - A full-time paid staff member, typically with a background in social work and/or education. Serves both as coordinator of program activities and as mentor to the Dreamers; a skilled professional for whom working with young people is a calling.
- The Dreamers and their Families - The group of children "adopted" by "I Have A Dream"® Project 312 and their parents, guardians, siblings and other significant relatives who influence the Dreamers' pursuit of their education and their development into responsible, healthy adults.
- The Community - Local institutions, organizations and corporations that provide support, meeting and recreational space, resources, volunteers and expertise to the Project, making it possible to offer Dreamers an extraordinary range of services without incurring prohibitive costs.
- The Strategy - Provide a diverse array of educational, mentoring, counseling, employment, cultural, community service and recreational opportunities that evolve to keep pace with the changing needs of Dreamers as they mature.
- The Resources - The financial commitment by the sponsor to ensure that the promise of "I Have A Dream"® Project 312 is fulfilled.
- The Guarantee - The opportunity for higher education after high school.